Signs of damp
A high proportion of damp problems in buildings are caused by condensation, rain penetration or rising damp.
Signs of damp include: a damp and musty smell, dark patches and damp walls, discolouration, mould or mildew on walls, wallpaper lifting and timber decay.
Rising damp is the common term for the slow upward movement of water in the lower sections of walls and other ground-supported structures by capillary action. Penetrating damp can occur through walls, roofs, or through openings such as frames. Condensation comes from water vapour within the building. The moisture in the air condenses on cold surfaces, sometimes inside the walls called interstitial condensation.
Damp can cause a great deal of damage to property, so the faster the treatment the better.
- Arrange a convenient time to visit the property.
- Inspect and determine the causes of the damp and assess the extent of the problem.
- Recommend the work required.
- Quote you a price for the work.
- if you wish for us to carry out the work then we will arrange a suitable date and complete work.
- All our work carries a guarantee thank you for your business.